CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
These are the best! Recipe comes from King Arthur Flour.
2/3 C light brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 C granulated sugar
½ C unsalted butter, right from the fridge or at room temperatue
½ C shortening
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp almond extract
1 tsp vinegar (cider or white)
1 tsp baking soda
1 large egg
2 C unbleached flour
2 C semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
1. In a large bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, salt, vanilla and almond extracts, vinegar, and baking soda, beating until smooth and creamy.
2. Beat in the egg, again beating until smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
3. Mix in the flour, then the chips.
4. Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop 1 ¼” balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2” between cookies.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on the pan until they are set. Cool completely on wire racks.